See Our Latest FREE Events!
Gerry Carthy – From Santa Fé, New Mexico, USA!
See Gerry playing live:
Let us know if you are interested on our Facebook event.
Paddy Tutty and Caoimhín Ó Fearghail. A Rare Wednesday Night Session
Paddy and Caoimhín are two very well known musicians on the Irish traditional music scene, see the videos below. This is a rare chance to get to meet them and hear their music, so come along mid-week to Egans on Wednesday May 1st 2019.
Watch Paddy Tutty playing with the band Caladh Nua:
See Caoimhín Ó Fearghail playing on Irish TV station TG4:
As a result of their great music that they play together, they recorded their duet album in 2018. Here is what John Carty had to say about that: “Congrats Paddy and Caoimhín on such a fresh respectful approach to our traditional music.” – John Carty, July 2018.
Do you enjoy these events, or do you have some suggestions for other events at Egans? Watch more videos about our musical events and leave some feedback for us on our traditional Irish music page.
Archive: A Box Combo!! Big Night of Music, Song & Story – Sat. April 13th 2019
As a result of the great session nights in February and March, a few musicians will be making a return to Parkbridge for more revelry. On the 13th of April, there will be a night of Irish traditional music, song and story with two young champion, virtuoso accordion players – Bronwyn Castles and Hughie Kennedy. Certainly, Bronwyn is well known in Wicklow and has won many Fleadh Cheoil competitions. Hughie is a regular musician on the session scene in Cork city. Maybe you can come along and check out these excellent musicians’ music!
Bronwyn will be bringing some friends from Wicklow and Hughie will be bringing some friends all the way from Cork. There will be songs and stories from some local guests too! We are also looking forward to seeing some very special guests from the Wicklow / Wexford area! Come along, it promises to be a very special night!
More info. at https://www.facebook.com/events/368292603761864/
Events at Egans
Egans Bar, Parkbridge have hosted a wide variety of events over the years, from 21st birthdays to tea parties to wedding receptions. So whatever the event, the bar comes alive with the mood you are looking for. Hire a DJ, set up a barbecue or a charity fundraiser – Egans bar provides a service that is both straight forward and tailored to suit your preferences.
Check out the list of events that are celebrated at Egans:
- Host Your Wedding Reception: Events at Egans have included wedding reception, stag & hen parties.
- Celebrate Your Birthday: 21st, 40th, 50th, we’ve even done a 100th (all parties catered for).
- Gather after Christenings and other more formal gatherings such as funeral afters.
- Launch CD’s and music albums.
- Host food and drink tasting nights (Egans previously held a curry night and also a pot-still whiskey tasting night).
- Cook up a Barbecue (this is usually to accompany a birthday party celebration).
- See the hunt gatherings (the local hunt makes a number of trips to Parkbridge every year).
- Help charity events (Egans have hosted Alzheimer association tea parties and cancer research fundraisers).
- Celebrate Christmas parties (every year a Christmas party is held at Egans. Bookings for other parties are available from October onward).
Event Reservation Sizes
Reserve the full bar or for smaller events you can use the separate snug section. The snug has been used to accommodate a fundraiser for local sports and smaller traditional music sessions. Therefore, any crowd, from 10-250 can be catered for. A local marquee tent rental can be fitted for larger events, just let us know what you are looking for and we are here to help.
Book your event by getting in touch with Larry and Mary now on (05394) 29144 or info “at” egansbar.com. They will be on site to assist you. Egans provide friendly and experienced advice for your requirements.
Finally, you can view the gallery below which shows just some of the events that have taken place at Egans over the years.